Your skin consists of collagen, which is the most abundant protein in your skin, along with elastin and keratin, all three together forms the connective tissue, which makes up your skin. Over time, age and environmental factors will decrease your body’s ability to produce collagen, which negatively affects the elasticity and strength of your skin. When this happens you will start to see your skin change such as wrinkles and fine lines becoming more noticeable. Not what we want right? If I told you that eating grapefruit will help fight off wrinkles and fine lines would you believe me? Read on….
I am sure you all have heard that saying, “You are what you eat”. So true! Good health does indeed start from within everyone! How you take care of yourself on the inside will always reflect what you see on the outside. Grapefruit contains many vitamins and micronutrients that are essential for your skin and your body. Grapefruit also contains bioflavonoids, which help improve collagen production along with a toxin fighting flavonoid called naringin, which has been known to reduce and flush the liver, resulting in healthier skin.
Eating nutritious meals that are well balanced are so important for optimum health. Including grapefruit in your diet will be to your benefit. You can have it for breakfast along with a handful of nuts, making for a quick and healthy meal.
Did you know: Your skin regenerates itself every 27 days. Knowing that information, do you see why eating healthy is important?
The Power and Benefits of Eating Grapefruit!
- Grapefruit is loaded with vitamins A, B, C, Calcium, Niacin, Potassium, iron, and Riboflavin
- Grapefruit helps produce
- Grapefruit is high in fiber containing 6 grams.
- Grapefruit helps with constipation and contains lycopene, which fight certain types of cancer.
- Grapefruit contains salicylic acid, which aids in dissolving such inorganic calcium in the body.
- Grapefruit helps with flushing out excess water, which is caused by consuming foods that are high in sodium.
- Grapefruits are high in enzymes, which helps burn fat.
- Grapefruit has a high water content, which can help increase your metabolism, which can lead to weight loss.
- Grapefruit is great to have before your workout to give you that added boost of energy.